QUICK FACTS ABOUT MICE
- Mice are the smaller cousins to the much larger rat
- The length of the body is about 7.5 cm and they weigh about 10 to 30 g
- Mice are omnivorous in which they will eat along anything to stay alive
- Mice tend to eat up 1 to 3 grams daily in which they tend to nibble on food and food waste in nibbles
- Mice droppings tend to resemble small rice grains
- Mice like their larger cousins tend to have a great sense of smell in which they use whiskers to move and around and detect objects that are in their way
- Mice are very curious in which they will examine new items that are found along their pathways
- Mice tend to travel around solid structures as they feel safe travelling rather than taking the risk and travelling out in the open of a field
- Mice are generally nocturnal however time to time they may be found active in the day
- Mice lose body heat very quickly so they need to find somewhere warm so that they can survive
- When mice enter your home they will leave grease marks along the point of entry which is caused from the dirt that is collected from their stomachs as they travelling on the ground
QUICK FACTS ABOUT RATS
Rats generally live for under a year in the wild
Rats are very cautious animals in which they avoid new structures that come in their path of travel
In order to have the rat embrace the new item they have to see the item over and over again which is opposite from the standard house mouse in which they are constantly curious of new items in their surroundings
Rats are omnivorous in which they eat 10 to 20g a day and weigh generally between 200 to 400g
Rats are also very picky eaters when food is plentiful as they will only eat food items that they come in contact regularly and ignore new food items because of their phobia of new items in their environment
Rats have a great sense of smell like mice in which they can detect different odors within their environment.
Rats can enter the same points of entry such as the house mouse; however the point of entry has to be larger and rats enter buildings from the roof are generally Roof rats and the rats entering from the lower level of the building are Norway Rats
Mice and Rats can enter your home and business
- Around holes around the pipes entering the building such as air conditioning and gas lines
- Through weep holes that are setup for ventilation for homes
- Through gaps along the soffits of homes as they may scale up the side of the house to enter through the attic
- Along gaps under doors
Power Methodology to Solving Rodent Problems
The Power Pest Control Methodology to Solving the Rodent Problems is three parts:
- Exterior Inspection
- Interior Inspection
- Pest Eradication Technique
Inspecting the exterior will give a good idea to the technician how the animal got into the home in the first place. Providing a proper exterior inspection will help finding structural issues that need immediate attention, but other potential issues that the homeowner needs to be aware of as well.
Inspecting the interior part of the building is very important as the technician needs to understand the traffic flow within the home and how the rodent is moving within in the building so that when pest eradication techniques are implemented traps and bait stations can be strategically placed to intercept and eliminate the target pest.
Pest Eradication Techniques
Some of the following techniques are listed below
- Usage of snaps traps
- Usage of rodenticide
- Usage of glueboards for monitoring
- Cleanup/ maintenance
These pest eradication techniques are employed when the exterior and interior inspection has been completed. The technician will walk you throw the steps clearly so that you will have an understanding of what is to happen during and after the service
It is important to solve the rodent problem within your home as quickly as possible to prevent the spread of diseases through food contamination with the rodent dropping and urine and possible electrical fire that can occur if the rodents within your home are chewing electrical wiring.
HERE’S WHY YOU CHOOSE POWER PEST CONTROL
Great online reputation with Homestars (www.powerpest.homestars.com
Extremely knowledgable and resourceful in educating clients on bedbug preparation, eradication and preventation
Ability to implement and execute real strategies that work
RODENT REMOVAL 6 MONTH WARRANTY
- Prices start at 275 plus taxes
- This program is geared to toward homeowners that have detached properties (not necessarily) in which the rodents are entering through common pressure points are the home. The pest management professional will make a determination if this program will be suit your needs.
- The pest elimination strategy consists of a DETAILED exterior inspection of your property. A THROUGH interior inspection to understand traffic flow of rodent activity within the home and implementation of trapping and or rodenticide knock down program.
- All services include sealing of all holes the size of a golf ball or smaller and any complex or complicated structural issues will be referred to one of our preferred contractors seal any potential points of entry
- 6 Months of FREE follow ups if necessary
- *PRICING IS BASED ON THE SQUARE FOOTAGE AND COMPLEXITY OF PEST PROBLEM
RODENT REMOVAL 1 YEAR
- Prices start at 375 plus taxes.
- This program is geared to home owners that have semi-detached or attached townhome environments. Also, the property has major structural issues that cannot be resolved immediately or your property is located into an area that is conducive to rodent activity such as wooded lot or ravine lot property
- PEST ELIMINATION STRATEGY
- The pest elimination strategy would consist of a thorough exterior inspection and detailed interior inspection to understand rodent traffic flow and trapping and or rodenticide to knock out rodents from your property.
- All holes the size of golf ball or smaller will be sealed at no extra charge and any major structural issue that needs to be addressed will be referred to one of our contractors.
- 1 Year of FREE follow ups is included in this package
SEE IF THIS PLAN IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
- *PRICING IS ADJUSTED BASED ON COMPLEXITY AND SQUARE FOOTAGE OF HOME