BEDBUGS IN TORONTO
WHAT BEDBUGS LOOK LIKE AND THEIR HABITS
- They are flat reddish brown insects 1/4 inch in size
- Found in all residences such as hotels, apartment buildings, short term living facilities, shelters, condos and single family homes
- Bedbugs usually feed at night between the hours of 10pm to 7pm as they are nocturnal and are attracted to body heat and carbon dioxide
- Bedbugs can live up to two years without a meal and will live dormant for up to two years until a new host is introduced to the area
- Females are rapid breeders in which they can lay 1 to 5 eggs per day and up to 500 in a lifetime
HERE ARE SOME BEDBUG HIDING SPOTS
- Behind picture frames
- Behind baseboards
- Under carpets
- Behind headboard
- On top of mattress, boxspring and bedframe
- Underside of wallpaper
- Inside electrical outlet, light switches and electronic items (near bed in low to medium infestations)
YOU HAVE BEDBUGS NOW WHAT?
Before we can treat your home with have to prepare your home for treatment. The reason why bedbug treatments fail is because the preparation of the home needs to be set up in a way that bedbugs can be treated properly. Contact the technicians at Power Pest Control at 647.848.0959 to receive a preparation sheet so that we can get the bedbug elimination process started
THE FOUR STEPS TO SUCCESS FOR BEDBUGS ARE THE FOLLOWING
VACUUMING IS ESSENTIAL TO ELIMINATING PROBLEM
Vacuuming picks all live and dead bedbugs and their casings through physical removal. It is an important step in getting the elimination process started.
BEDBUGS CANT TAKE THE HEAT
Steam kills all life cycles for bedbugs when done properly. The steamer must reach a certain temperature in order to kill the bedbugs. It is also important the pressure of the steamer is not too strong to blow the bedbugs away without exterminating them.
WHATS DUSTING AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Dusting involves applying a layer of dust to cracks and crevices to electrical wall outlets in which the bedbugs will be drawn out eventually and come in contact with the dust once an active host is inside the affected room. The dust will act as a dessicant which will exterminate the bedbug from your property.
WE DONT SPRAY AND PRAY!
Spraying is the last step in the elimination process in which a flushing agent is used to force the bedbugs out of their hiding places and then a residual spray application is used to provide long lasting relief against bedbugs that were not flushed out of hiding spots.
FOLLOW UP IS NECESSARY!
The most important step that is most often neglected is following up with the customer in a TIMELY MATTER! . It is MANDATORY to do a second inspection along with a second residual spray as their is no CHEMICAL PRODUCT CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET THAT CAN KILL BEDBUG IN THE EGG STAGE. It is recommended to have a follow up inspection within a 7 to 14 day period so that second reapplication can be done to kill any bedbug eggs that have hatched.
HERE’S WHY YOU CHOOSE POWER PEST CONTROL
Great online reputation with Homestars www.powerpest.homestars.com
Extremely knowledgable and resourceful in educating clients on bedbug preparation, eradication and preventation
Ability to implement and execute real strategies that work
- A Power Pest Control Technician will conduct a through inspection within your home. Examples from the diagram below are the following:
- Headboard, night stand, bedframe, mattress, boxspring, dresser drawers, baseboards
- We will look for the signs of infestations such as fecal matter, castings(skin cells), and live or dead bedbugs. A detailed a report with findings will be presented to you and with a proper course of action in terms of preparation for the actual treatment
BEDBUG REMOVAL SERVICES
- Power Pest Control bedbug services start at @ $350 plus tax per room. A potential client will call us to discuss their bedbug problem in which a Power Pest Control pest management professional will ask a series of questions to determine if bedbugs are actually present in the home
- If bedbugs are present in the home the service professional will steam treat all fabric items, spray all baseboards and spot treat furniture with insecticide and apply a residual dust insecticide in wall void such as electrical outlets
- Pricing includes a MANDATORY follow up in two weeks in which a follow up spray will be completed.
- During the treatment the service professional will make recommendation if it is safe to purchase bedbug covers for the mattress or if it would be safer to just throw out infested items
- *PLEASE NOTE DO NOT MOVE ANY FURNITURE UNTIL A POWER PEST CONTROL PROFESSIONAL DOES A THROUGH INSPECTION OF YOUR PREMISES